Mondays Advancement Seminar Series - MASS
Acknowledging the Spirit’s power to make all things new is to assume a transformational perspective that sees persons in terms of their potential rather than their problems. It is about recognizing that we are all on a journey of transformation together, “from one degree of glory to another” (2 Cor. 3:18). So, designing the life you want and taking responsibility for making it work is an ongoing process. This is probably the final stage of your development as a mature adult. It means giving up the wishful thinking of childhood that everything will turn out all right—that someone will take care of you—and accepting the reality that with God’s help life is what you make it. You have to choose, and every choice has consequences. You can choose to view yourself through God’s eyes, as body-soul wholes created to live a wholesome life or you can choose to blame it on other people.
The good news is that you have many choices. You don’t have to limit your career or lifestyle to those chosen by your parents or those offered by the community you grew up in. The bad news is, with so many choices, it’s difficult to decide. Choosing one path may mean forgoing another, and the choice must often be made without any clear knowledge of how either choice will ultimately affect your life. But it is always good to know, that God’s plans toward us are thoughts of peace and a bright future (Jer. 29:11).
Following are some of the assumptions underlying MASS:
- God-given potential of every person is virtually unlimited and, for practical purposes, immeasurable.
- Every person has the capacity to realistically size up their experience, skills, likes and dislikes, values, commitments, and goals—and arrive at choices that are responsible, satisfying, and God-honoring.
- Unhelpful decisions which have been made can be unmade.
- It makes good sense to plan your life and use all the God-given resources at your disposal to achieve your goals and God’s desired purpose for your life.
- Finally, with prayer and God’s help, life and life planning can and should be fun.
To Register for The Mondays Advancement Seminar Series (MASS)
Click "Register Now" to complete the registration form and we will contact you for details.